If you are full of energy and enthusiasm to lead teams and build exciting activities for 8,500 Scouts at AJ2019 then you should apply for one of the roles below.
- Trades Activity Manager. Think ‘Trade School’ for 3 or 4 different trade disciplines, all crammed into one amazing series of activities.
If one of these roles takes your fancy, please contact Cory at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss or send an expression of interest to the Personnel Manager at email@example.com.
Time poor? Looking for a more flexible role? You can still contribute! Please contact Cory to discuss opportunities that may exist.
The Camping team looks after Subcamps, the Mall and other operations during AJ2019.
If one of these roles takes your fancy, please contact Leigh at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss or send an expression of interest to the Personnel Manager at email@example.com.
Marketing & Communications
The Marketing & Communications team manages the promotion, media, and the look and feel of the Jamboree. We have a variety of roles to be filled:
- Deputy Director Marketing. The Deputy Director Marketing will assist the Marketing Director in managing the administration of the Marketing and Communications Directorate, including welfare, uniforma and merchandise and finance.
- Newspaper Manager. The Jamboree Newspaper Chief Editor will be working under the Deputy Director Marketing (Media) and will be responsible for producing the Jamboree Newspaper including the souvenir edition.
- Photography & Videography. A team of photographers and videographers will be required to capture incredible moments of the Jamboree.
If one of these roles takes your fancy, please contact Katherine at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss or send an expression of interest to the Personnel Manager at email@example.com.
The Health and Support Services team needs YOUR help to deliver key services for AJ2019. We are looking for people to fill the following roles:
- Assistant Deputy Director. This role gives the opportunity for a Rover to participate and learn about running Jamboree by providing support to the Director of Health & Support Services.
- Deputy Director – Health Service. Responsible for the onsite health service, including facilities, budget, triage, pharmacy, staffing, health care delivery, and liaison with local health authorities. Must be a registered medical practitioner.
- Team Leader – Health Service. Provide support to the Deputy Director – Health Service to manage the onsite health service. Must be a AHPRA registered health professional. This role would best suit a registered nurse with practice management experience.
If one of these roles takes your fancy, please contact Jacque at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss or send an expression of interest to email@example.com
The Health Service will need a group of AHPRA registered nurses, doctors, and allied health professionals to provide onsite health services during Jamboree. Time poor? Looking for a more flexible role? You can still contribute! Please contact Jacque to discuss opportunities that may exist
Sites and Services
If you are interested in assisting in building & maintaining a town for 11,000 people this is for you. Imagine a large bare paddock which is surrounded by really cool Motor Sports activities & working in a team preparing for the arrival of the Scouts & Leaders who expect to see all the services they need for their “tent city” & activities that will give them an experience of a lifetime. These are some of the vacancies we need to fill:
- Works Manager. Coordinate various trades and ensure that the project in building a “tent city” is constructed efficiently, within safety regulations and on time. This is s key position in the Team and it requires a person with leadership skills and a wide knowledge of technical skills.
- Team Leader – Plumbing. Provide leadership and management for members of the plumbing team who are to ensure that the Jamboree site plumbing systems continue to operate as planned throughout the Jamboree. The team leader can be expected to advise on the numbers of personnel required to carry out this task.
- Team Leader – Mechanical Plant. Provide leadership and management members of the Mechanical Plant Team to ensure that plant required to manage the construction, operation, and deconstruction of the jamboree site and its buildings and facilities is operated and maintained in a safe manner and is capable of performing as required.
- Team Leader Logistics. Requires close liaison with the Logistics Directorate in ensuing the large number of temporary buildings, containers (including the siting of contingent’s containers) and marques are received in the order of priority and sited in the planned position.
- Fork Lift Drivers. (Licensed) to assist in unloading, distributing and moving a variety of goods on the campsite. We will have all terrain forklifts & telelifters in the fleet.
- Diesel Mechanic. To maintain generators & vehicles & refuelling
- Truck Drivers – Graders for road preparation and water cart spraying
- Fencing Erectors – Temporary, security & bunting
- Team Members. Team members are required for all of the above teams and any persons with suitable qualifications in electrical, plumbing, carpentry, mechanical or just plain handy for any of the teams are welcome to apply.
- Team Leader – Sanitation. Provide leadership and management for members of the sanitation team who are to ensure that the Jamboree site remains as a healthy environment for all personnel living and/or working at the site. This will extend to remote locations being used for offsite activities. The team leader can be expected to advise on the numbers of personnel required to carry out this task.
- Team Leader – Finance & Administration. Manage the Sites & Services Budget, raise purchase orders & track expenditure in the EMS (Expenditure Management System) as well as general administration.
- Team Leader – Refuse Control. Liaise with contractors to ensure pick up on regular basis and report any misuse of refuse separation i.e. recycling. Order additional bins if required & monitor cleanliness of site.
- Help Desk. Respond to requests to the Sites & Services Team and allocate jobs & follow up on completion to ensure task is completed
- Signage Coordinator – Erect 100’s of prepared signs & maintain
- Team Members. Volunteers are required for all of the above teams and any persons with interest for any of the teams are welcome to apply.
If one of these roles takes your fancy, please contact Rex at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss or send an expression of interest to email@example.com.
Download AJ2019 Positions Vacant file